Steam Bass Analog Chorus
The Nemphasis household would have not been complete without the most classic and beautiful modulation pedal for electric bass.
Steam Bass : the analog chorus built without compromise so as to be able to satisfy even the most demanding of bass players!
The sound is extremely dynamic, focused and controlled not to miss even the smallest detail of execution, but at the same time fascinating and “dreamlike” thanks to the analog circuitry and the use of a Bucket Brigade device.
Find your sound is easy with the the efficients controls on the Steam Bass.
In addition to the classic Speed and Depth controls, the Steam Bass has an FX Level knob allowing for a fine adjustment of the amount of the effected. This permits you to range from a hint of chorus, to a loaded and vibrant sound, well appreciated by experimental and ambient music lovers. Yet we were not entirely satisfied as we wanted your bass to retain precision at extremely low frequencies. This was achieved by means of the “HPF” – High-Pass Filter – switch through which you can select the frequency point of the high-pass filter with a slope of 6db/oct connected on the effected line path: L for less bass frequency attenuation, H for more bass frequency attenuation.
Steam Bass? Demanded by your pedalboard.
Depth: 10 | Speed: 10 | FX Level: 10 | HPF: H
Depth: 5 | Speed: 8 | FX Level: 5 | HPF: H
Depth: 5 | Speed: 5 | FX Level: 10 | HPF: L
Depth: 8 | Speed: 3 | FX Level: 10 | HPF: L
Samples by Mauro Parolini
Michelangelo BrandimarteWas voted among the best 10 bassists for the Italian magazine Jazzit in 2012, 2013 and 2014. He works constantly looking for new sounds with bass, synth, and effects. He have a Bass Solo performance and is recording a Solo Album.
Il pedale che uso maggiormente, quello che in ogni occasione e per ogni tipologia di suono ti fa dire “grazie nemphasis” Stupendo versatile e dalla personalità forte. poi il punto di forza è i’ High Pass Filter… geniale!
Analog is Better!
- Switchable HPF – High Pass Filter – for better low frequency definition.
- Speed – Depth – Effect level knobs.
- True bypass.
Guitar Interactive Magazine by Dan Veall
VT Comp, Smoking Bass, Steam Bass review
- Scrupulously searched out and selected electronic components.
- True bypass.
- Full analog.
- Jack input /output 6.3 mm 1/4″ on the sides.
- Three controls allow adjustment of LFO speed and depth and the effected signal level.
- HPF – High Pass Filter – switch allows the selection of the frequency point for the high-pass filter connected on the effected line path.
- The LED indicates the effect is on.If the supplied voltage is less than 7.5V the LED does not light up.
- Power supply 9 VDC via battery or external power supply unit. Battery replacement is possible by removing the four screws on the bottom cover.
For proper operation it is recommended to use batteries with voltage not lower than 8V.
The external power supply, with regulated power supply is possible via 2.1 mm-plug with negative centre .
- Power consumption 25 mA (max).
- Dimensions (mm): 72 X 120 X 55
- Weight (g): 250 (without battery).